More robust downloads.
Fixed missing wind arrows near the poles.
More robust rendering of widgets.
Fixed some issues with displaying large text.
New layout that makes it easier to change data using your thumb. Might take a while to get used to the change so please give a few days.
Added a green line to widget to indicate the current time.
Tidied the data displays.
Increased text sizes for larger displays.
The usual bug fixes.
Warning: If the "Download on Mobile Data" has not been manually changed in the Settings, it will default to "Yes" instead of asking.
Added "Zoom-to-my-Location" button in the Search Map screen.
Added a menu to the Widget Config screen with "New Place", "Edit Place" and "Settings" options.
Added "Clear Data" to the Edit Place screen. This clears the weather data, maps and forces a reload of the manifest and timezone data.
A forced refresh on the Main screen only clears the weather data now, not the maps and timezone data as it used to.
Fixed the Nav Drawer icon animation bug.
Added Google Analytics. This will help improve WeatherBomb and help me make decisions in terms of adding new data. You can opt-out via Advanced Settings. I would appreciate your support.
Added some more Log to File stats.
- New Logo designed by Adriano Loiacono. Thanks for all the help and feedback.
- Fixed major bug with failing downloads. Some might still exist in older phones.
- Added option to send feedback to the Nav Drawer Menu.
- Added a log to file option in the advanced settings. This is for debugging purposes.
- Fixed many minor bugs.
- Sorry about flooding your Downloads list with WeatherBomb downloads.
- Fixed. Thanks for the bug report Jerry.
- Major change to the downloader. It's totally rewritten to use the Android Download Manager.
- Can now cancel downloads.
- No persistent background services due to the new downloader.
- Fixed the wind arrow jiggle in the north quadrant of high or low pressures. FYI, it was caused by interpolating phase wrapped fields.
- New servers. Should be more robust.
- Bug: Fixed disappearing wind arrows.
- Bug: New coordinates are now saved when they are changed via the map.
- Updated AdMob SDK, apparently you get better ads.
- Basic (default) and Advanced mode, to distinguish general vs enthusiast usage.
- Can add a place directly from the Nav Drawer.
- New flow for editing a place. You can edit a place directly from the menu.
- Removed "Places" menu option and screen.
- Saves what Settings and Help pages you last looked at.
- Extra data is now enabled by default in Advanced Mode.
- General polish and bug fixing.
- Major refactoring so there might be some bugs. Please Report Them.
- Fixes to support extremely high screen densities.
- Faster loading when returning from Places, Settings, Store and Help pages. This may cause some issues, Please report.
- Split settings into some nice categories.
- Renamed About to Help.
- Added the nav drawer to the settings page.
- Added navigation drawer to Help.
- Updated a lot of the help text.
Graph - New Rain, Cloud and Humidity graph.
Graph - Changed wind line color to distinguish it from the temperature line.
Speed - Improved layout rendering speed.
Bug fix - saves widget place name and config icon settings.
Bug fix - wind values disappearing.
- Fixed major (silly) bug.
- Rotating wind icon.
- Improved more layout views.
Thanks for the reports. It made it easy and fast to fix.
- New Nav Drawer with the places and menus items.
- Added the an option to select your data server in settings.
- Merged About and Help pages.
- Improved layout views.
- The usual bug fixes.
- Fixed a major issue with numbers and downloads in non-english languages/locales (e.g., Arabic, Indian, etc...)
- Bug fixes. Five bugs submitted (THANKS!), five fixed (yay!).
- Very sorry for the blank screens. Fixed the daylight savings bug.
- Google Maps to set your place where you can add, move and select a pin.
- "New Place" menu item for quickly adding a place.
- New Permission for Google Maps: Access Course Location and Read Google Services
- Bug fixes including returning to the home screen after adding a widget.
- Fixed excessive updating of timezone details.
- Added scrolling view to widget config.
- Migrated store of location data to a more robust form
- Other bugs and improvements.
- Fixed issue with crashes on T-Mobile.
- Fixed 3 out of 4 reported bugs.
Major Changes (for the better) so there will be bugs - Sorry and Please submit them.
- Environment Canada Weather Data. Thanks Canada!!.
- Servers around the world (New York and Amsterdam).
- Added Android SDK (API 19) support.
- Smart downloading. Now only new or missing data is downloaded.
- Changed "Rain" to "Precipitation".
- Bug fixes.
- Splitting app between an Android 2.3 - 3.2 release and an Android 4+ release.
- The Android 2.3-3.2 release will be ad-free but will age in peace (i.e., little maintenance).
- The Android 4+ release will grow with little baggage from 2.3/3.2 to slow it down.
- Minor bug fix for scaling the rain in imperial units.
- Added new graph for just rain and cloud (no wind).
- Choose any graph and theme for the app or widget (Sorry the settings are clunky).
- New graph: Rain, Clouds and Delta Temp.
- Clicking refresh on the widget will force download data.
- Hopefully fixed the blankin' widgets!!
- Bug fixes. THANKS for the bug reports. They help a lot.
This version has major changes. Sorry about any bugs and please report them.
- Fixed timezone error for week days.
- Fixed the out-of-sync high/low temperature on the widget.
- Delta temperature now shows hot/cold changes on day 1.
- New Date/Time code to fix a few reported bugs.
- Functional tap areas on empty widgets.
- Improved widget migration between versions.
- Fixed bug with wave data that stopped it updating at parts of the day.
- New faster server. You might not notice any difference today but will in the future.
- The usual bug fixing.
- WB now uses OpenGL Vertex/Index Buffer Objects which should improve speed and memory usage.
- Smoother time control when using vertical swiping.
- Smaller config and refresh tap areas on widgets.
- Fixed glitchy behaviour when starting app.
- The much demanded in-app Subscriptions to remove ads. Subscriptions are used because the of the ongoing server, data and development costs.
- Thanks to those who have been patient for this feature. I've been reluctant to charge before WeatherBomb was complete - it's nearly complete.
- Just bug fixes
- More graphs including Temperature Delta which compares temperatures with the previous day showing warm and cold fronts.
- Settings to choose the number of graphs to show in portrait and landscape modes.
- Setting for widget text size.
- Download timeouts.
- Bugs n' Polish.
- Widgets now render at correct resolution.
- Improved downloads to be more robust.
- Larger click areas for widget config and refresh buttons.
- Bug fixes for widgets/out-of-memory issues on older devices
- Bug fixes for bad graphs on older devices
- More Data in categories General, Marine, Clouds, Storm Indices, Agriculture.
Note: you need to enable the extra data via the settings.
- Easier and finer control on what data you want.
- New Light, Dark and Vivid widget themes. Note: widgets may need to be replaced on some devices.
- Data and graphs starts at midnight, so there are no partial days.
- Probably some new bugs. Sorry! Please submit the bug reports and I'll clear them out.
- A smoother delete place process
- Timezones - now data is displayed using the place timezone
- Uses correct resolution (low/high) maps by default.
- Bugs n' Polish.
- Auto-refreshing when app is opened or setting changes.
- Settings for controlling downloading on WiFi or Mobile.
- Save zoom level between sessions.
- Fixed text size for the lucky kids with 1080p phones.
- Bugs n' Polish.
- Fixed a couple of prolific bugs that get in the last release.
- Data validation between the data source and app. More to come.
- Minor bug fixes and polish.
- Minor bug fix
- Scrolling line on graphs showing real time and data time.
- App opens and starts at the current time.
- Click on date/time on top-left of map to go to the current time.
- Some minor tweaks and polish.
- Improved loading of maps when zooming to lower memory usage and hopefully, lower out-of-memory errors.
- Many bug fixes.
- Thanks for the crash reports. Please keep submitting them.
- More bug fixes
- Fixed a major issue when migrating between versions.
- Landscape mode.
- Support and optimization for tablets.
- More graphs.
- Polish, more to come.
- Bug fixes.
- Support for HTC Droid DNA.
- Moved map resolution to experimental setting.
- Fixed major memory bug.
- Higher resolution maps (nice)
- Setting for swipe sensitivity (for big fingers on small phones)
- Experimental setting: Vertical swipe for more sensitive time change (off by default, try setting it to 1).
- Touch control on the graph (a long time coming)
- Setting for 12 hour or 24 hour time format e.g., 3 PM or 1500
- Settings for text size for widgets
- Improved the cloud colormap
- What's new added to Help
- Added extra ticks at 6am and 6pm on the graph
- Aligned single digit temperatures with ticks
- Finally, Widgets!!
- Fixed a major bug with commas in decimals.
Many thanks to Frank R, Christian S, Damian K and Rodgrigo for helping find and squash it.
- Faster downloads
- Other minor fixes
- Fixed London, broke Paris, now all working.
- Weather Bomb showed no clouds or rain in London - I fixed the bug.
- Way way better maps with zooming
- Marker indicating place on map
- Softer colors for the graph
- Default pack is now Starter Pack with 7 days of rain, wind and cloud
- Free pack deprecated
- Added miles per hour (mph) units option for wind
- Bug fixes
- Ability to cancel downloads
- Bug fixes
- Support for Nexus 7